Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Possible new home

I have been trying to solve the problem of housing  for myself in the next few years.  So I visited a nice mobile home community this past week to investigate a few homes that are up for sale there.  This is a very nice exclusive community with social activities, and rules and regulations that protect the owners and their property from depreciation and loss.  I  actually like the location and the grounds so that I am thinking of buying one of two mobile homes that I was shown.

Tomorrow I may go look at another park further west in Phoenix just to see what else is on the market as I had found a nice one that appealed to me, but  it is considerably further west of where I live.  Moving costs matter when it is a matter of mileage on a truck.  I have only a few things to move but I will have to have something more than just my car to do the really big things.



One home is a beautiful double wide with all new kitchen appliances, and a beautiful landscape, porch, carport, and storage shed.   Since she just left the home to go into a nursing home it was still full of her stuff but they are selling it furnished.  It is a very impressive home and is being offered at $49,500 but the agent says we must negotiate and to offer a lower price to see if I can get it a bit lower. I have been thinking about it.  It is the one that I am really thinking of buying since it has so much furniture and also is the nicer of the two.

The single wide is a good one on the interior but I did not like the stove or the washer dryer in it.  I would either have to have them replaced which is an added expense that I do not want, or I would not be able to use them at all is what I am fearing.

Otherwise, it is what I call sufficient but not as desirable as the double wide. It is a lot less expensive though, has a great huge tree standing beside it along with cypress trees lining the carport next to it.  It has a lot of shade that way and also has a back patio and a brand new air conditioner.

Both have new air conditioners, and the double is being painted and has brand new roofing shingles.  It also has a lemon tree in the backyard.

The asking price for it is $49,500 and the single is $22,000 but she believes I can get it for $16,000 or $17,000.  Who knows until you make the offer.  I have decided what to offer for the double if I go that direction.

So I am writing this out for my own need to figure it out. I did check on the cost of ranges, refrigerators, and dishwashers today at Spencers.  Pretty costly.  I am wondering how to manage this now.  I am more or less decided on the double wide.  I like the idea of going into it and living in it day after day better than the single wide.  But the single wide had many features that I did like but it will need an interior paint job which is too costly for me too.  The other is being set up to sell, and I am frankly thinking I should buy it.  Lot prices are the only costs after that plus maintenance. I may have to find a job even, or a person who might wish to room there with me to share expenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment