Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30, 2010

Yesterday it poured rain all day so that I stayed indoors and would not go outdoors except to go the bank finally after we got a break in the weather. Naturally, stepped in a few puddles of water, splish, splash, and eyes had to adjust to nighttime with only a few lamps working. It was dark and eerie, and as the night wore on, the rain only became more intense. At about 3:30 in the morning I woke up to see the blinds moving as they had in the other apartment, and a bright light near the gate! I could see another light on what is my front closet...I am totally convinced that there are entities amongst us. I stayed awake for another 45 minutes before finally falling to sleep.

My kitten had to sleep on my stomach for part of the night. Then she finally moved to sleep in the curve of my back. Kittens do what is called kneading as she takes her paws and kneads across my body. I read about this so that it did not bother me. She is still a baby and this is how she makes her needs known to want to be mothered.

Believe it or not, everyone who has animals should read the interesting facts that those in the know give on the internet. I asked why cats purr and got a slew of places that love to give answers to those kind of questions so that is how I came to learn about the kneading.

That is the second night in a row she decided to sleep on my stomach. I think she hears the heart beat and it comforts her. Or she is trying to keep me warm after I had complained about the cold, crawled out of bed to turn on the heat, and back in snuggling under covers.

She is a pretty little thing and seems to understand English very well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I wrote this now. Yes, we had thought that Alexander was a girl then. I had named him Alexis...then we learned that he is a boy much later. Oh, this makes me happy now. Glad I am still keeping this journal going. How nice to read this now.

    ReplyDelete