Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fame Comes and Goes in a Minute

I will post Perry Como's version of this song if it is on Youtube. But talking to a girl who is 22 the other day I learned that she had never heard of Flip Wilson. I was stunned to realize that these youngsters today do not know anything about what we in my generation experienced in the way of celebrity.

Our lives are punctuated with the media saturation of stars and we all grow up knowing and watching certain kind of movie stars, t.v. stars, athletic stars, etc. God I wish I could have heard Gene Krupa play those drums myself but at least his records do last. I may put a video of him on too now that I think of it. I am a drum crazy woman...I love certain kinds of drum music...

Then I will close shop for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment