Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, May 14, 2011

American Idol Elimination

Oh yes, it is easy to be a bit cynical about the results of competitions such as American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. I really had thought that James was one of the best performers on the Idol show so was shocked to see that something caused him to be eliminated. It did make me think of Chris Daughtry too. These contests are often quite strange, and sometimes it may be better to lose it than to win it. Who hears of Tyler Hicks any more, or some of the others whose names I have forgotten. Only Carrie Underwood does seem to be authentic enough star performer to hold her own in the world of entertainment. It is a tough, cruel business.

But the above article on James Durbin was interesting enough for me to post it to recall why it is and how it is that these young entertainers are drawn to compete in show business ratings wars.

Idol changed this year from being extremely negative and cruel and rude to the young performers to becoming positive and supportive. I guess that getting rid of Simon Cowell and adding Jennifer Lopez did some good for the cause of entertainment this year. I like this Idol show much better than the previous years.

However, of the three contestants left standing, I am hoping that the unexpected won't happen again and that the really most fantastic entertainer will win this year's Idol role. I am just disappointed that James is not in the final two.

No comments:

Post a Comment