Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby

No, I thought about Animal Farm, but I did not bet it and so do not collect on this 137th anniversary of the founding of the Kentucky Derby. Maybe I will do better at the Preakness which will be in two weeks. I stayed in my usual conservative self so that I did not go bust and have enough left to play the Preakness.

I went to Upper Deck sports bar and really enjoyed the atmosphere, the huge screen, and the real Michigan coney island dog. It had been flown in especially so I had to have one as I remember those with relish. It was super good too. And the owner of the place, an alumnus of MSU, also was there, and I finally learned who he is.

I did not attempt to make myself known to him even though I was obvious to everyone who walked into the place. I just remained quiet, and had to have some guy help me at the ticket dispenser, a sure sign then that I should have saved my money after all. I guess I should think about these things now and then.

Video of Derby race will accompany this if it is at youtube. Good race! I just was surprised to see all the outside horses come up first four...amazing. 16, 19, 14, 13 I guess it went. And Master of Hounds did come in fifth. So the Super HI Five would have had to include him to win...what a story...His number was 11. All double digits in top 5. Can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment