Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Today I am cleaning out some of my old photographs and so came across several pictures of my mother at various ages in her life. I found a really beautiful photo of her when she was a young woman, probably in her early 20's. She had a really pretty face. It is odd how people change looks and appearances over time, and in all of that passage of time, if we spend time with our loved ones, and are close to them, we see them in many different images and postures. Unfortunately, age is not kind to any of us. We cannot fight it. We can try to work with it, but usually mother nature is cruel as my mother's entire body changed from one decade to another so that at the end of her life, she was very badly changed from the pretty young woman of her youth to the nearly totally crippled aged woman of her maturity.

It happens to all of us. Some who can afford it use body cosmetics, but most of us simply try to eat healthy diets, live right, and hope that nature will be kinder. My mother would often chide me with words such as "wait til it happens to you. You will see." I never truly liked that but now that I am having some aches and pains, I recall her words.

She was and will always remain in my heart as a wonderful and loving mother who gave more to her family than she did for herself. No matter how they look, it is the warmth and love that they gave us when young, when old, when needed that we can never forget. I remember my mother with much love and tenderness, and hopefully, she is in a state of peace and love dwelling now and we will someday find each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment