Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wet Wednesday

It rained today! Ordinarily, I might have been happy, but I had stored some of my boxes outside on my patio, and while I had protected them I still feared that they would get wet so I carried some back into the house so that the cardboard would not dissolve on me...and naturally, my pet kitten had to give me fits and starts by trying to get out into the rain and onto the patio at which he was most successful a couple of times. I found myself chasing him on the patio so when he found refuge from the rain under an overturned chair I grabbed him, and brought him back into the house, screaming, mad as a hornet at him for giving me grief when I am struggling with boxes, screen doors, and the sudden onslaught of raindrops...

He is a very good cat, and does stay on the ground. Had he ever decided to try to jump on the ledge, I would have a real problem so I muttered, o.k., if you do run away from home, (which he does not try to do) you will have to find your way back, and if you get lost, then I save $25. on you per month...As if he understands all this, but venting and letting off steam helped while I am cross as an old bear for the necessity of getting boxes indoors. A few I had to leave outside and they are reasonably safe, as the rain has finally departed, and I had had the wardrobe box covered with tarp to protect it from the sprinkling system...Wow! What a day! Drove me mad so that I am ready just to sleep and forget it all...onto another day to get more boxes packed...my goal is to have it all done by Monday of this next week.

In the meantime, everything else goes on hold...

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. In my new apt. my Meeps found a way to get out and jump to the neighbor's balcony. I"m horrified as I think she might jump two stories below. Well she hasn't and I'm more careful!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rained in the Bay Area, too. It is unusual for the Bay Area to get rain this late in the year. Perhaps it was part of the same weather front that hit you...

    ReplyDelete