Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Artist and Descendants (Spoiler)

I went to the movies today. I wanted to see A Week With Marilyn but there are only two showings for the film so I decided to see The Artist. Am Happy that I did do that. The obsession with Marilyn Monroe annoys me anyway but I thought it might be a good flick. That Artist is much better than I had expected.

I was an hour early so I decided to see the last part of the movie Descendants and came in at the time when George Clooney's role confronts the man who had had an affair with his wife ( who lies dying in her hospital bed) and so I was able to get into the drift of this story. At the end of the film, George and his children take the ashes of his wife out to sea in front of a magnificent Honolulu setting and throw them into the sea.

I had had a dream of my mother this morning. She came to me looking like she had when I was a student at Michigan State University, dressed up in a hat and suit as she had one time when she brought me a birthday cake to celebrate my birthday.

Dreams shift around and next part of dream I remember is I am driving and won't let her drive...she had wanted to drive but I said, No, that I would do it...end of dream.
]
So when I see the ashes I think of my dad having taken my mother's ashes and thrown them out somewhere in the neighborhood in one of the parks, which slightly still annoys the dickens out of me. I do have the urn yet though.

So then I am enjoying the movie The Artist totally as the star in it is name of Peppy Miller, and a Penelope Ann Miller is starring in this movie somewhere also. My mother's name is Ann and her maiden name is Miller, so I am thinking oh, so that is why the dream. And the cars in the movie make me think of her dad, my grand dad who owned a big sleek fancy car like one of those seen in this movie just before the great Depression. I am realizing all of a sudden through this movie how really rich he must have been.

He wasn't that way when I knew him.

And yes, I knew him well.

Another name that popped up is Doris played by Penelope Ann Miller. (That is for the benefit of Danny, David, and Bryce Miller whose mother's name is Doris. She married my uncle Frank, who is my mother's youngest brother.)
Anyway, at the end of the movie Georg Valentin decides to take a gun and use it to commit suicide which naturally made me think of my dad who also had used a gun to try to commit suicide. Both survived...my dad and George.
George sticks the gun in his mouth, my dad put his to his temple, costing him his good eye.

But the final scene in the movie made me think of my cousin Willard and myself in Clearwater, Florida when we did our dance number together...I saw through this lighthearted film all right. Knowing who your Hollywood friends are, as they say. Willard is a cousin on my dad's side of the family. He was a song and dance man when he was a young man, played on the stage with a guy name of Frank. They grew up in Vaudeville.


TATA I love this movie...it is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment