Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hashtags at Twitter

I finally learned about those pesky little hashtags...I tried the amwriting at Twitter a few minutes ago. (This particular computer just is my enemy it would seem as soon as I put something on here to be published some key wipes it off and that is making me furious. I like netbook for its size and its convenience , but in many other ways, this particular netbook is a pain in the ass.)Now back to hashtags which are indicated by the symbol # with some word or phrase following it to signal that you are a part of a group that is identified by the word and symbol known as hashtag. #amwriting is a group of writers who share information with one another. I learned of several others, amediting, amreading, agent, pubtip,indie, writegoal, all preceded by #. Try it. You will like it.

I just reread my recommendation of The Alexander Cipher that I wrote at Alexander-Macedon and it is better than the one I wrote at this blogspot though both essentially say the same thing.

I will give it all away now. The tomb is found, they decide that the man in the tomb is Alexander as his scars are evident, something I find preposterous to consider. It is fiction so he can say it but in reality, no such thing could possibly occur which is why Body of Proof showed a cadaver aged so that nothing could be identified on it and it was only months old, and to think that a body after 3,000 years would show anything is utterly stupid...Mummification is a procedure that does not prevent decay. I simply personally believe that Alexander was cremated by his wisest friends who knew that he would be used and subjected to all kinds of humiliations if not cremated. Cremation had other merits than just getting rid of a potentially diseased body.

Then to top it off, after spending all this time, money, heartwrenching events of kidnapping, being held hostage, having one's friend killed, etc., the jerk (our hero) goes and dumps the entire thing into the canal so that the bad guys cannot take it out of the country. What a thing to do! I ask ya! Even a sane novelist would think better of his hero, his goal, than to just up and dump it....a watery grave after the millenia of being hidden away for the ages...ouch, I hated it!


Oh, but the author does let us believe that the people in whose hands he has to leave the corpse will pull it out of the canal. Admittedly, his character had little choice but I thought it to be a dreadful end to the legend of Alexander. No wonder there are many who hope that it will never be discovered. Here he had lain for centuries undisturbed to be dragged out, hoisted onto a truck, carried all the way from Siwa to Cairo to be thrown into the sea. Outrageous and insulting!

No comments:

Post a Comment