Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Apache Junction OTB

Today was a crazy day, and because I got off to a bad start, I had rather a mixed state of feelings all day long.  I went to the post office to put in my Cox payment for my t.v. and wifi, and the darn gear got stuck in park when I tried to drive away. I could not get it out of park and did not know to do anything but turn the motor off to get started again and on my way.  Generally, I love my car all to pieces but this one time I did not since there was a car parked behind me waiting to get in to put his mail in the box.

Then I stopped at two different Walgreen's to find that neither carried an ATM machine. I had to find a bank in AJ to go to the races but in fact after finally finding one and drawing out some dollars I did not even bet or spend any of it.  I did get a receipt to learn my balance which is important for me to know. I am hoping to win enough to put some back into it.

So I finally found the OTB after going to the Fry's supermarket to finally see what it is like inside. It is exactly as I expected, and I found some nice people willing and able to help and a few who are just ignorant who do not know anything about banks or AJ even if they have lived here all their lives.

I like that Fry's store and found that Desert Schools is banking there instead of Chase.  Interesting to find so many Desert School branches now.

Finally, I get inside the OTB which is a former greyhound racing facility, and a nice one at that, so that I liked what I saw.  They were kind to me, and did not pressure me at all, so I sat and watched some races at Santa Anita.  They have enough machines where you can put cash into the machine so that you don't need to run to the sales clerk for a voucher. I liked that and I like the new machines which are designed for dog racing.  I did win my first superfecta on a machine like that at Phoenix Greyhound Park.

So I am happy now that i have found the place and will go there to place my bets for the Breeders Cup.  The sales lady was very nice and helpful to me as I talked to her about the methods of betting. I had picked up two tickets that were losers but had key bets that intrigued me. I could hardly believe it. Sometimes we need to know exactly how people do bet.

A key ticket with one single win horse or dog bet with all, all for a trifecta cost $136.00.  A second bet was All on win, and two named horses on place and show, both the same cost $32.00 I was awestruck to think that people bet this way.

This place opens at 9:00 since most of the dog races start in the East and we have a three hour time difference. In November, the time will change to opening at 10:00 she said.

At least, I have found a place to play.  The long shots at Santa Anita paid in three consecutive maiden races while I was there to see them.  I could hardly believe it.  In one race, a horse name of Mesa Sky did win and paid $78.80.  Unbelievable!  Two previous races had long shots pay great prices too.

Taught me a lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment