Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, October 9, 2015

Tomorrowland And The Martian

I have spent time writing on several movies that I have just seen, The Martian, and Tomorrowland.  Both struck me as being very personal to me.  My dentist once told me about my Hollywood friends, and eventually, through movies, I learn which friends that he may have had in mind.

I will admit that when i was young, I was movie star struck, and like everyone else in the world, dreamed of one day being a big Hollywood star on the silver screen.  Those ideas are easily replaced by even greater dreams as one grows up to realize that being a moviestar is not so really great after all.

But when I first went to California I did manage to see many movie stars who in my day were held up to a very high standard so that when we met up with them, it was really something very special.

I saw Roy Rogers in person at one of the two major racetracks in California, and I have forgotten which one it was, but think it was probably Santa Anita Race Park.  I have since seen many t.v. and movie stars at the race track.  They are easy to spot there, and are are usually a part of the crowd, but when I saw Roy, he was with a horse that probably he had a connection to.  Later, I even saw Dale Robertson in person but I was bold enough to get his autograph. I just stared at Roy Rogers, a cowboy who I had watched at the Ohio Theater in Van Wert on Saturday mornings.  I loved Roy and his wife, Dale Evans.

Since that early time, I have seen many stars.  One is Billy Crystal who I saw in person standing in front of me with his wife, Janice, in Durango, Co.  After I saw the movie, I realized why he and his wife acted the way that they had when they turned around to see me.  Yes, I was standing right behind him, and when I saw the film, City Slickers, I got the joke.  Curly, I am not, but I do know that they made it appear that I was the character that Jack Palance played in the film.  Sure, I said to myself!

You will never believe that Tom Hanks sat next to me on a city bus all the way from LA to Anaheim, I bet.  I really loved Tom then.  We were just regular fellow passengers, and don't worry, I know which movie he has in mind on that one too!

So for now,  I will take a pause in naming my Hollywood friends.  Probably one who got the closet to me besides Tom is Paul Rodriguez.  We went bowling together.

Bye bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment