Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Rain Storms

The storms that hit California have come to Arizona and Nevada.  Visions of cars and trucks swept away under piles of mud is mind boggling.  It was hard to understand how these cars and trucks were caught in a sudden mudslide along Interstate 5 in California.  More is expected to come.  These cars and trucks were buried under and it is possible that operators may have been stuck in a pile of mud from which they could not escape so an effort is being made to learn if that happened. It happened so rapidly that people had to wade through the mud or climb atop the rooftops of the cars to wait for help.  It is a horrifying sight to see that these many vehicles were totally demolished in matters of minutes.

For that reason alone, I am often wary of driving alone a long distance to get to either Nevada or California. I do want to go to both Del Mar and Santa Anita and to Las Vegas yet.    But who could ever anticipate a mudslide that violent and dangerous?

In analyzing my caution to drive that far on my own, I am being honest with myself about my recent bout of nerves which has caused me to have panic attacks on three occasions just here in the city limits of Phoenix and Scottsdale.

I try to visualize a worry free trip but as soon as I get near the major cities of San Diego or Las Vegas, I try to find a side street that will take me off the freeway to drive at speeds that are in my comfort zone.  Whenever I obey the laws to drive only 65, invariably, everyone is passing me at 80 mph.  I know that they are going that fast at least for suddenly they are far in front of me as I chug along at a reasonable 65.  The old turtle in the road.

So, what to do?  I debate it all the time, not getting anywhere yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment