Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Apple Workshop on iPhone

I have attended three different  iPhone workshops, but this one is the one where I finally learned minor details that I had no idea existed on this phone.  We had a woman who called herself Maria but on the survey sent to me was called ISSA so I do not know who to believe at this point.  It matters not because she was a very nice, warm, friendly woman who did actually teach us something about our iPhones that I had not known until now.

For instance, I did not know that when one is making contacts with a person that one can tell whether the person you are contacting has an iPhone or another make.  I learned that at last.

Just a minor detail but very important. I also learned how to put the phone's keyboard into all caps rather than doing it one at a time...at last, that has been explained, something which always irritated and annoyed me until I learned the trick.

Because I told some man that there is a User's guide on the phone, she also then taught us how to find the Guide and we made it so that we have it on our screen page to access immediately. She reminded us to become familiar with each and every topic by opening it and reading it.

I can now do that much for myself.

We also learned more about the settings for iCloud.

It was an hour well spent.  I gave her a rave review on my survey asking about the session.  I thought she did great.

Next day, I did have to go to check on computer about disc doctor.  It was explained to me that I did not need it, and that my computer was ready for the next upgrade which I did myself when I returned home.  Nice guy, this Michael, who opened it for me so I could find it at once when I got back home. It takes an hour to install but now my computer is fully updated, and  believe it or not, I may get back to using it more often now.

So everything went well for me at Apple store.

No comments:

Post a Comment