Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Update on Political Races

Indiana has finally turned the race for President around.  Ted Cruz decided to suspend his campaign since he lost heavily to Donald Trump who won the primary by a large margin.  It seemed to surprise Trump who at his victory speech called Ted Cruz a great competitor.  Earlier in the day, he had been discussing the cover of National Enquirer's expose on Cruz's father.  Ted and his father defended themselves denying the story. I have not read it but I wondered at why this is an issue.  It shows a man standing near Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas who apparently is thought to be Ted's father.  Why it would matter is something I do not understand since he is a minister of a church group. It is never odd for ministers to try to help counsel prisoners in  a jail situation.  But I have not read the National Enquirer story but find it odd that Trump would want to discuss it as if it had any significance at all.  Tacky. Tacky!

However, Cruz claims that it is not him.  I just think it interesting that it comes up only because Ted is trying to win the nomination for the GOP.  Donald should know better but alas and alack, he is like some big gossipy tattle tale himself.  However, except for Stephen Colbert, the story did not get the airing that Colbert exposed tonight which I appreciated.

Thanks, Stephen.

I had stuck my neck out defending Cruz if he had been the man in the picture. I see nothing wrong with it at all.  But since he does not want to take credit for being a spiritual counselor to a man accused but not proved so be it.  Nobody has ever proved convincingly that Lee Harvey Oswald is the lone assassination. It is just a rush to judgement  for which he claimed his own innocence. So many conspiracy theories about the assassination still fill book shelves.

Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary Clinton tonight in Indiana.  He is not dropping out and hopes to have a contested convention in the Democratic party.  This race is as contentious with charges of corruption and rigged set of rules to tip the nomination to the person the super delegates choose. Unfair to the voter who has definitely let his voice be heard.  So what will happen?  Can't say for sure yet.

I have not bothered with the Democratic debates because of Hillary's voice.  Her voice is so shrill and over bearing at times that I consider it a punishment.  I do not want that kind of punishment to be hoisted upon this country since I do not think we deserve that any longer.  She has been in the Democratic political service role far too long as far as I am concerned.  I consider her husband and wife team to be the most damaging and harmful that Americans have had to endure.

I have been very critical of Donald Trump but I prefer him to Hillary.  Donald has been a very strange candidate in his bid for the office but he has had such massive acceptance, it is hard to believe.  He hit some nerve by talking straight and boldly to the American public that he has achieved a unique role in modern history.  He has brought people to the voting booths who had not voted at all or in recent times.   They love him and his brash, saucy tone and insulting jabs.

I have never taken him seriously until he made a statement that convinced me that maybe he did actually want to win the White House after all.  His comment about brokering a deal between Israel and Palestine did impress me as sincere.  Generally, I think him as full of hot air as any salesman trying to make his pitch.

But I think that Hillary takes herself too seriously, thinking that she could actually follow her husband into the White House and the Oval Office.  Today, she was shown trying to explain her speech about putting coal miners and coal companies out of business to a group of coal miners in West Virgina where she had to explain how she misspoke.  Trump jumped on it, promising coal miners would be working again.  Oh, politics is a real Hell.

It will continue to June 7 when at last the last states have their say.  Looks like it will be Trump and Hillary unless Bernie sways some of the super delegates to vote for him.  But the ballots are made out already and will include Cruz name on those in the remaining states so that some will no doubt vote for him even though he is out of the game.   Rubio collected votes in Arizona since his name was on the ballot.

So time will tell.  I will be happy when it is over but do not want to wish my life away either...

No comments:

Post a Comment