Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, May 2, 2016

My Versailles

I just read a poem that has made me think I should try one of my own.

Golden lights bounce off the walls,
Green lawns glisten with wet dew,
Morning has come to the chateau,

Birds fly from tree to tree,
Singing a song of love
Butterflies wing above

Flowers gently sway
Fragrant scents linger
I feel the bee's stinger.

Scallops, shells, and stones
Glorify the ancient sea,
Home of Goddess Thetis

Fountains casting rainbows
Calling you to me,
Where I wait patiently

This is my special home,
You are my eternal soul,
While we in Heaven dwell.

We take our escape
In the woodland paths
To flee nature's wrath.

Aesop's fables created
For my son to learn
Lessons in every path's turn.

My glory is all around'
For the world to know
That   I reap what I sow.

My creation to honor
My father who stole away
To silently play and pray.

His burden passed on to me
I now bravely make my own
For France, I sit upon the throne.

My chateau is open to all,
My subjects come and go,
Here my heart rests all aglow.

While I am the first,
Many others will follow,
After today is always tomorrow.

My porcelain trianon
Favorite chinois accents
In Blue and white ornaments

Paradise of creation,
Children born of love,
Destined for Heaven Above,

Patient beauty within
Full of passion and romance,
Leads me to her not by chance.

Athenais, full of grace and charm,
Poisons me with her mind,
Her potions meant to bind.

My gentle wife, my cousin,
My dearest friend waits to know
Whether to her bed I will go.

Tinkling bells ring loudly
To assure the world that I, the King
Have made her heart eagerly sing.

My Queen is pleased at last
Another child to the world will give
But sadly, only the first will live.

The potions and the charms
That Athenais used to seduce
Ended in sorrow profuse.

Grotto of Thetis, Porcelain Trianon,
Passions torn asunder must raise
A chapel worthy of Praise.

The Chinese Trianon will grow
Into the Grand Trianon, a pink marvel,
The blue and white now pink marble.

No sooner do I create perfection,
Than I must require destruction.
All that is old is replaced by new.

Until Marly at last I devise,
For my personal freedom and pleasure,
The enchantment that is my treasure.

Marly, dressed in blue and white,
Airy, spacious, open and free
Where everyone is equal to me.

The main Chateau built from the Hunting Lodge
Remains the source of government and family,
But Marly is always the retreat meant only for me.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment