Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, September 21, 2012

Advice from Agent

While at Barnes Noble this afternoon, I happened to pick up a magazine to read Barbara Poelle's article about being a writer's agent. It is a very interesting article in which authors were able to submit questions to be answered honestly and forthrightly.  It is actually a  bit too early for me to be shopping for agents since I must get the novel underway before even taking on that end of the job of publishing, but I anticipate a lot and think ahead.

She mentions something about the need to be on facebook and twitter, the need to get a blog, and to work it, and to know how to approach the agents themselves.  It is a good piece of advice, but I realized that my blogs then will have to be specific, be about the subjects, and will have to reach people so that they will want to read the book.

I subscribe to many blogs of my types. Some appeal to me more than others, and I have yet to become good enough to start a blog of my own on any of my topics that I will write a novel.  I talked to a representative from Apple so that if I purchase an apple computer that I will get needed help to write a blog, and also to write a novel.  The tools of the trade are necessary to know to be able to sell the book properly, but I realize now that developing a blog of a kind may be necessary to selling the book.   Who knew?  Barbara Poole knew.

This blog is a form of talking to myself, a kind of personal diary with which I say little that I won't mind if someone else reads it. I am not likely to embarrass myself by admitting to thinking I had turned the stove off but while taking a nap learning that some smell is telling me that I did not really turn it off at all. I am still trying to figure that out because I was sure that I had turned it off.  Two burned pork chops warned me, and fortunately, the smell of the lid raised me from my short nap to catch it in time.

Well,O.K. I admitted it, but it does not mean that I need to be looked after and sent to some institution somewhere...So I won't tell anyone about this past faux pas.

However, I am sure that I did turn that stove off.  But the smoke filled room proved otherwise.  Oh, heck, this old age thing is making me grumpy all the time.
\

1 comment:

  1. the porkchops did survive and I finished eating the last one tonight...but I swear I know that I turned that off before putting the lid on...I was just letting it cool down or so I thought...

    ReplyDelete