Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

trial experiment

I am trying to use mobile phone to write an entry. The idea that one can write a blog in this manner is cool.I am simply jotting notes to remind myself. While reading a post at pothos.org the other evening by Antony Spawforth on some critics of Alexander, I felt as though I had reentered my first draft. There was so much in it that is reminiscent of my story. But for some reason I was plunged into 4b.c. and the Persian court after Alexander had assumed rule. In other words, I was back in time again. I was impressed with the quality of fabrics in the wearing apparel. Alexander seemed massive to me in a way that I had not experienced before. He had retained many of the personnel who had served King Darius but who are not subject to him. My impressions were vivid, precise, and lengthy. I always become fixated on something and in this case it was a deep purple robe which seemed extremely luxurious beyond imagination.

1 comment: