Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, September 21, 2012

Writing Novels

I have established contact with many successful writers who have novels on the shelves at Barne Noble which is about the only huge chain store for books around here.  The other big bookstore chain had been Border's but it sold out months ago, with its store fronts still remaining empty. I have often thought that a computer rental could go in there, but most people own their own computers and don't need to rent so much it appears.  Trying to decide what would go into that block of space as I like bookstores for their easy chairs, the relaxed atmosphere, and the chance to read either a magazine or a book, and in some cases, listen to some good sounds too.  Business is really having a rough go of it anymore.

I read a magazine article that intrigued me today about agents and questions that authors want to know about the agent's life.  It was a fun article written by a woman who works for Writer's Digest and does actually interview at agent discussion groups.  Barbara Poelle, I believe her name was, but if I got it wrong, that mean that my memory tank screwed up. I should look it up.  Maybe I will...

1 comment:

  1. Got it right. Found her on facebook too. Sent her a friend request.

    ReplyDelete