Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Short note about Marie Adelaide of France

The gardens were especially lovely this afternoon. Francois and I had walked slowly and carefully down the stone pathway to study the variety of garden flowers being arranged in row after row. An entire army of men were on bended knee planting bulbs into the recently plowed ground so that blooms will fill the air with fragrance this coming spring. I inspected each carefully mapped plot to see that Monsieur Le Notre's handiwork was followed to the letter. Madame chided me softly, " Your majesty is too much a perfectionist." I laughed at her. "But Madame, I must insist that they do it well or it will be a hodgepodge, a joke of a kind. I have to maintain order." "Even on your garden plants!" she cried, exasperated. I retorted,"Especially on my garden, my dear." At that moment, I spied my darling Adelaid as she skipped up to us. "Ahhhh, I said," What brings you here this afternoon?" She curtsied in a deep bow, and laughingly cried out," To see you, my Papa!" She looked longingly at Francois, and said, "And you, my dear Mama!" I laughed out loud, and she danced away, laughing gaily, as she sped out of sight. Madame looked up at me, saying quietly,"That girl is a wonder, isn't she?" "Let us continue to inspect the gardens, Madame. I want the workers to know that we are watching every detail...this must turn out the way I wish." I retorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment