Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Breeders Cup and other things.

There are only a few races left, Keeneland and Woodbine, to win a free entry fee into the Breeders Cup races. Thursday at Keeneland is an interesting race which I have decided (big maybe) to try for luck. I liked the writeup about the horses which are entered as all are on equal footing, having one only one major race. So it should prove interesting. Jockeys are usually the key to the horse which may win, but trainers play bigtime as well. ******Moving on to other things, I read Madame Guillotine's birthday offering of a mystery novelette that she has either written or is in the process of writing. She says that it is in first draft stage. She is quite an engaging writer, and comes up with some rather interesting English plots. This one takes place in Cairo with a naturally spunky heroine and a fussy brother who has talked her into making the trip. So far, the mystery has not yet been even hinted at. *******I am convinced that Madame Guillotine believes that she is Queen Marie Antoinette after I read her beautiful chapters of her wedding...Whether Melanie the author thinks that she is is something I am not quite sure to say. But the insights into the life of the young princess were quite fascinating to me. ******** Melanie is one of the reasons I began finally to share some of my own extemporaneous writings about either Louis XIV or Alexander the Great. I actually am using my memories gleaned from going under hypnosis as a basis for the occasional stories I will develop from the time past.***************On that note, I always think of Louis XIV in his ballet costume as that is one of the first things that I had learned about him, and that costume was so exquisite in gold lace that it totally captivated me. So far, I have not conjured up a story but I still remember the women who bent one after another in a wave with their long arms extended. It was so beautiful to me...In spring when the orange trees began to blossom, I would often be reminded of that return to a time spent in that lifetime.************************I know nothing about ballet now, and I would have to research the history of Louis's youth when he did perform as Apollo. I have not done so, but I have read a few glimmerings. Since France today is not really interested in the history of the kings, there are probably few books about the subject. I did notice at the exhibit a childlike costume which was very heavy but beautiful. I absolutely love recalling those memories...sheer delight and joy to me even now.****************and I sit here in my drab 18year old dress that I wear day and night since it is so old and comfortable...threadbare now...what a contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment