Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Big Debate

I do believe that a political debate is an important tool to decide which candidate to choose when undecided. Most people who have made up their minds overlook their own candidate's faults when watching, but for the truly undecided it can make an important difference. I consider a candidate from an overall impression that he makes upon the public when he is standing before a great audience. If he shows respect for his audience, I give him extra points. If he seems indifferent or insulting to the audience, I consider it a negative, and it makes an impression on me. I was favorably impressed with Mitt Romney last night during the 30 minutes that I watched the lackluster debate. I was taken with the fact that Barack Obama acted unconcerned and indifferent to the importance of the debate, displaying a form of his own kind of arrogance. It may have cost him. But there are two more debates and each one will finally make most people forget the previous one. One should not get too concerned about any of them as being a barometer about the people's beliefs but last night clearly showed that Mitt Romney had a better rapport with the audience than did Barack Obama. I still do not know which of the two I will think will get my vote. I am mostly concerned about future wars, and would vote for the candidate who would say truthfully and do it and mean it that during his term of office he would not engage in any provocative attacks upon other nations except in extreme emergency. The social issues at home which include abortion, contraception, and gay rights do not seem that important to me. I know that religious groups are focusing on those kinds of issues regarding funding and getting federal aid. I know that the liberated gay like Obama for his stand on gay marriage and that Mitt Romney will not attract that crowd since the Republicans are for old fashioned male female marriage with parenting instead of sexual fulfilment for sex's sake as the goal. But I frankly think that sex does not belong in a political agenda. So I cannot endorse either group wholeheartedly since they are letting their emotions rule their heads. However, I was favorably impressed with Mitt Romney at his first debate. Hopefully, his second and third will be just as enthusiastic and interesting as the first. Barack Obama will have to do better to impress me that he wants to win this election which frankly I have my doubts that he does. Can't say that I blame him...having to talk to Benjamin Netanyahu every day would be a pain in the neck...My solution to the nuclear crisis is to get Netanyahu out of office in Israel...He is a damned nuisance!

No comments:

Post a Comment