Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Shocks to the system

This is Saturday morning, and it is most unusual for me to at my computer at this time of day. But I use my computer cellphone to read all the facebook, twitter, and gmail, etc. since my two computers are having security problems. I am trusting this one to microsoft essentials so it is protected now. But I am always on guard anyway. However, the word processor is not using my paragraphing so that when this is published, it will be one long text. I use ****for paragraphing on rare occasions.**** Anyway, I received a post at Facebook which completely made me wake up to this problem of writing and authoring. Frankly, years ago when I was dabbling in this business of reincarnation and self hypnosis, grabbing books right and left to see if anything would verify or support the experiences that I had had, I did not write down the author's names or even titles, believing that there would be some record of my reading through the library. Not so. Libraries no longer track your reading habits. So many of those books have either left the system, expired, or dumped at library sales. I notice libraries do clean out their inventory of old and ancient books at times. Least wise, this one did that to me here in Scottsdale. So, on that note, I rely upon memory but cannot credit an author many times. And memory of course can be faulty. But some things always stick in one's mind but sometimes authors even deny their own words, believe it or not. And I learned first hand from one author that a written novel can be changed and edited after first release. It happened! But my shock was seeing the number of ebooks which are available, and how people are having to promote their own works. Are there enough readers for authors? I wonder. Naturally, I want my own book to be a great one. I am working at it, sometimes more in the mind than on paper or computer, but that way it is easiest to change it when I decide to do that. I am still wrestling with that first sentence and first chapter. I argue and debate with myself all the time the need to do all of this. But I persist, because once started, it must be completed. End for now. It is after all only morning and I came online to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment