Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oh Mercy Me! What belief in Reincarnation does for one.

I woke up this morning at about a quarter of four with a recurrence of my bleeding problem. I had gone to the bathroom when all of a sudden my nose began to bleed, and would not stop. I always plug the nostril with kleenex but had to use toilet tissue and had a dickens of a time grappling with the roll of toilet paper to stop the flow of blood. I got it on my nightgown and on the floor, and finally after a short time and several handfuls of kleenex, I finally got it to stop...Naturally, I always think of Genghis Khan whose stories about bloodclots always gave me comfort and solace, as when one learns of the past, believe it or not, the past sometimes helps to solve today's problems. But just now I got a jolt! I was browsing on my facebook groups to write something at the House of Bourbon so decided to take up my daily life of the King to find out what he had done on October 4, in 1655. Guess what! Blew my mind. The king was bled for some indisposition! Happy anniversarying! Wow! Shocked me no end because I had thought of the bloodletting practices in that day and age, and often think this is a modern day version...of its own accord. No physicians to do it for me...but to find this just absolutely blew me away...Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment