Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Solution to Dream

Yesterday I wrote about the dream I had had which had me terrified. I believe that I have solved it.  The white substance made me think of white bavarian cream which we often had at Michigan State University when I was a student there. I loved that stuff so it made me wonder why I was so afraid of it.  Playing the game spider solitaire made me see how the cards fall when lined up in a row to be eliminated so that it reminded me of the gelatin tenacles that seemed to be crawling towards me.  I know it seems farfetched but I am also sure that the pulsating light was due to the cellphone's light. I checked it out again last night to see.  Although this second time round there were no lights visible at all so that the light from the phone was very dim...I cannot be sure that the light square is from the phone or like the lights from the other apartment, from some unnamed source.

I realized that the point of the dream was the intense fear that I had and how it made me feel.   Fear is a very powerful force that can cripple a person totally which in that case was doing to me, but I kept fighting it for I was more determined to conquer the fear than to let it destroy me.

That fear that is within me came through even when I was rewriting the article.  Later, I found a tarantula spider at Twitter from my nephew which made me laugh. I have not told him about the dream so I am wondering at the coincidence of it all.  I had even thought of batman about the white stuff that gave me such a fit and wondered if maybe it wasn't like the bat signal seen in the air. One can make out all kinds of theories about what dreams mean.

At any rate, I am laughing at myself for being so frightened of a menacing blob of bavarian cream. I was also cutting the tenacles into rectangles trying to stop the tentacles from growing and growing...I will continue to ponder the real meaning of the dream...but I do see the similarities between the spider game when the row falls and the tentacles as they came at me...so maybe it is just too much game playing and being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment