Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Goals and Achievements

Sometimes life is difficult.  One has hopes and dreams, sets goals and plans, only to have them interrupted or discarded, knowing that most are pretty unattainable.  But yet it does not prevent one from continuing to dream, to hope, and maybe eventually to even realize a goal or a plan.

The Breeders Cup is two weeks away. I had hopes of attending the sporting event until I learned the total cost of going and returning, so that I finally decided to stay home. I went to Turf Paradise to reserve a seat and place for the Saturday event.  I did choose the place where I wanted to sit, which is in the reserved t.v. table section near the betting windows.  Since the Breeders Cup is simulcast, all i want to do is to see the t.v. screens and to win huge sums of money.

But the woman said that I would not be able to see the live horses.  If I were going to watch live horse racing I would be in the general section on the ground floor so that I could walk easily in and out to the track to watch the horses from that vantage instead of high up looking down through windows.  I did not bother to explain to her that I was going for the Breeders Cup since it seemed unnecessary if she were to think about it.

At any rate, if I reach my goal of winning the right races with the right amounts of money, I will be able to pursue another goal which is to travel yet to some faraway place.  But to be able to do that, I will have to succeed in reaching and obtaining this goal of a special win.

In the meantime, even at this old age, I still have lots of plans, hopes, and dreams that I hope to achieve despite my declining years.  I am well aware that I do not have much time left to do all that I would like but if I can do a few things right I may at least know that I tried.

Now to try to put my house in order.  That is all for tonight.  I am just thinking aloud on computer paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment