Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Two new books on Alexander the Great

I went to the half price book store yesterday to see what they might have on the topic  I have been studying for so long. I had never bought Robin Lane Fox's book on ATG because I have so many other books, but there was a hardback published in 1974 that I finally purchased.  I like the illustrations even though they are in black and white, and this is his book on the topic for which he was selected to help make the Oliver Stone movie.  I bought another by a young woman from India which is written for children apparently.  She is another who has followed Alexander's trail in visiting many of the places where he and his famous army traveled.  Her name is Jamila Gavin.  I bought the book since it was cheap but also for a story about a white stag which I found very interesting to read.

People wonder at me and my interest in Alexander.  The first time I saw him in soul experience through autohypnosis I learned that he was a lady's man.   He had four women who are his loves that I recalled through my soul searching.  I also saw Julius Caesar through my soul experience but Caesar is a person who I have left untouched since I had taught the play at Cortez when I first began my teaching career.  I have many projects related to Caesar as a result of that time, and I did not want to go back in time to learn any more about him than I did in that one experience where I saw his scarlet cloak, his home, his wife, and himself riding a chariot.  I remember it as well as when I first saw Alexander.  Since both Louis XIV and Alexander took so much of my personal time I have not tried to study Caesar or Genghis Khan in the same fashion.  I have learned much about this puzzle of time travel through soul searching and as it consumes so much of my time, I will wait for the right time to pursue it if I decide to do so.

I have yet to determine exactly what all this soul searching does reveal about myself in the ability to do it.  I do not necessarily claim anything but the fact that I have tapped into these men's lives.  I consider it a judgement call of some kind. It has revolutionized my thinking about religious beliefs. I am convinced that most belief systems are simply hereditary and all who continue to teach are guilty only of passing on information that had been told to them.  Each one of us has the right to examine and to learn truth for ourselves.  I am not trying to convince anyone of anything but that I have had the opportunity to examine a few men's lives of the past, and while some others have been exposed to me, I have selected so far to let them remain dormant.

I will close for awhile. I am about to take a shower and I see men outside on my patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment