Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

New Iphone6 plus

Let me explain that my new iPhone 6 plan will cost me less than my previous plan as I understand it. I am very fortunate to be connected to Sprint for which I exchanged my former phone and received the new phone under a preorder.  All this worked to my benefit since Apple was good enough to come out with their new phone in the way that I wanted  it, big enough for me to see comfortably, and so I ordered it through my already established Sprint account.  I am happy that it will cost me less in the long run than my previous plan costs.

I attended a second intro to the phone at 3:00 yesterday afternoon, wanting to take it after learning all about it. I learn more from you tube tips and tricks, and I found some magazines available to read all about it at Barnes and Noble.  However, one can learn a lot of that on the internet so that I will not yet buy another magazine to learn all the various things that one can do with it.  I will try to attend workshops if convenient for me.

I attended the first immediately after I received it so as not to make any noticeable mistakes. I had no sound on my ringer after I installed the iOS 8 operating system and so I made a genius appointment. I had read that others had also suffered that same problem when I asked in a search for apple support so that I assumed it was the operating system that caused it.  Turned out not to be that at all, but that a button on the phone had muted the sound system.

The second workshop I attended was full of people also as had been the first. Seems everyone is wanting to attend a workshop which is a good thing for anyone to do.  Quite a lot of difference between the way Bernard and Mario present the phone and I remember them both from my one to one. I admit I liked the first presentation better than the second, and I intend to attend one at either the Biltmore or the Chandler store if available to see what they have to say.  Mario did go through each app thoroughly and was well informed, but so far no survey from Apple on his session.

Usually, Apple sends a survey to inquire on your assessment or evaluation of the presentation.

The girl at the genius bar was able to help me immediately to know the cause of the sound problem. I had somehow or other hit a key button that mutes the sound and so I learned all about that.

I love the iPhone 6.  I think that it behooves everyone to have both systems whether they like it or not.  Subtle differences in each one but both are worth knowing and having if affordable.  I am leasing the phone from Sprint with option to buy at end of two years or to trade to new phone to continue ongoing plan.  All systems appear to be switching to this plan it appears as I learned yesterday.  If I keep up with two phones as I have now I will choose only a free phone, and I see that there are several.  My contract with Verizon is up in January, and I can wait til then to see what they have up their sleeves.  It seems they offer something every month so I will wait it out but I did visit the local store to see what is available now.

I just read that Google is coming out with a bigger phone than iPhone 6 plus which is 5.5".  The Nexus will be a full 6".  That is good for seniors and those who love google.


Sure, one can magnify the type but on a small screen, it takes twice as long to read...with a larger screen, I use the zoom feature to have larger type.  It is a part of the aging process.

So I am happy for the larger size.  I think that the iPhone 6 plus is a great phone for me to have, but I would like to see how the Nexxus will function when it finally is released in November.  I have no intentions of buying it at this time since I cannot imagine it being free to purchase.  The iPhone 5c is free at Verizon at this date but I am waiting until January before I decide to stay or terminate the Verizon account.

No comments:

Post a Comment