Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finally have a new home.

I moved into my new apartment on Sunday, June 7, and spent all day bringing in all the goods that I had stored myself in the garage which I rented for storage.  It took the entire day for me to get into my apartment all the loose ends that I had let wait to move, such as clothes, cooking utensils, and all the stuff that I had not wanted to be under seal for the duration.  I had already thought that I had too much for the garage to hold but the movers were able to make room for me to store the things that I had not asked them to move.

Because my bed was in the garage I slept on the air mattress that I had used at the former apartment until I had my bed set up.  Wow!  Have I ever appreciated my own bed now after all this.  I had to spend 7 days in a motel in which the bed was huge but the mattress was clearly not my own, and yes, it does always make a difference.

My body has been suffering ever since I took it upon myself to move all that stuff that had taken me two weeks to store so that I have been resting as much as possible.  I have more in storage that I must get out by next Monday.  I brought in some essentials today.

Today I did get my t.v. and internet plan set up through Cox.  The man who set up the t.v. and internet is one of the most interesting and helpful technicians that I have met to date.  He was so helpful to me that I can only thank him for his time and patience.  He was late getting here but stayed to answer all my questions, of which I had many, and to help me to understand how this cable system works.

He at least let me know how important that my Sony remote is for the t.v.   He said not to lose it no matter what.  Cable now also includes a remote to use for their system...Lord, there is no end to all this madness for sure.

I really liked him.  That and the shower system in my bathroom has made me appreciate the move to this place.  I said after taking a shower that it was worth the price of admission alone. I had selected this place due to the bathtub but the shower was so cool and so enjoyable that I realized I had made the right choice in moving here.

I have had some problems here and have wondered if I had been wanted here after all.  I had been given a garage that was closer to my apartment but with a manager change, the new manager decided to change the garage.  I do not know why for sure but it made me think that she is a problem for me.

Yet, she has been very nice to me and helpful at times when necessary so I do not know for sure what is going on here.  Is there some kind of power struggle between her and my rental agent?  I do not know.

Then the dryer did not work when I decided to wash clothes so that I had to go to a professional laundry shop to dry.  Maintenance did fix it yesterday so a note says. I have not yet tried it to see if it works or not.  He did replace the burnt lightbulb with a new bulb.

I am keeping all paperwork that I get from them now.

I do not have as much storage here as in the other apartment but i am figuring out  a way to make all this work.  It just takes time.

I am exhausted from all the work.  I have to finish emptying the storage I rented asap.   Most of it is books.

For now, I may be rambling but I wanted to make a record of events to date now that I have wifi and can use my computer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment