Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Try Again

Getting adjusted to a new apartment and region is taking some time. Now that i am finally in my apartment I do not go out as much as when I had been waiting to get into the place.  I have so much work to do that I do something every day towards getting things in place, but I tire easily and so I will not push myself too hard now.

I have lots of ceramics, most of which had been my mothers, as I had only a few, but all of her stuff became mine once she passed away.  I have finally put most of it into the cupboards where at least they are safe from becoming broken or damaged. I had had one incident where one glass was broken and I have even kept it because it is such beautiful crystal. I was sickened by it but it happened when I carried it from the Monaco to East McDonald.  I won't let go of it though.

I promised myself not to buy anything for this apartment until after I am here a year.  I do not know if I will stay for another year or not and so I do not want to invest into any furniture at all. I could go to GoodWill maybe to find something on sale.  Sandra had bought the table for me at $1.00 on sale she said.  I would be shocked to get anything that cheap now.  But that is the only way I would do it.

I did give the table to St. Vincent de Paul along with the love seat and the glider chair and bicycle.

I do need lamps and so I will buy lamps at either Walmart or a thrift shop.

But for the time being I am using the lights that are installed in the apartment.  My place looks dark from outside because I do not use the highest lamps.

I admit right now i am nostalgic and am missing my mom and my dad.  I now understand how they may have felt at this age now that i am going through it.  If it were not for a bad wisdom tooth, I might feel better than I do at present.  But this tooth is giving me sensations that I do not like.  I blame all my negative feelings on it.  I think it is the cause of most of my aches and pains that I am having.

I confess to ordering a Dyson 12 inch fan for the apartment.  It was on sale at HSN and I have always liked the fans that I found in Dillard's and Macy's.  But they are way too expensive for me to buy until a special came on HSN which I could not resist. It should be in this week I am hoping.  I can hardly wait to get it.  It is 75% quieter than the previous ten inch they sell for over $325.  This 12 inch was only $199 which I found irresistible.  I bought it!  I would be a fool not to buy it.

I can't wait for it.  I love the air conditioning system in this apartment, and frankly, it does not get too hot in here at night.  Since I am on the Southeast side, I have a good location to avoid the heat in the late afternoon.  I had been on the West side on McDonald and the bedroom was always hot.  They had removed the sun screens that did block the heat and did not replace them so that the people who live there now can only suffer from the heat.  It was so hot in my bedroom that it burned the rod that held the window fast to a deep dark brown. I was shocked to see how bad it was.

I am watching Ninja warrior but i think that million dollar listing show is coming up on Bravo at 9:00 with a new show.  I will go back and forth to see both.

I had wanted to go to California to see American Pharaoh but I just cannot afford to do it now. I will go to the sports grill on Saturday to hopefully make a decent bet on a chance to get some real money. I am hoping anyway.  It is the Hollywood Gold Cup so I may have a shot at doing well finally.

American Pharaoh is to parade around the track. I want to see him but I have too much work to do to up and leave, plus, I would have to go Thursday night to get there on Friday at a decent time...Too costly right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment