Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Influence of Jackie Collins

I saw Jackie Collins on  Access Hollywood yesterday in which she said something that I have decided to try.   She suggested that we write a page a day to make a book for the end of the year.  Whether it is good or not makes no difference, it is just a book.  So I am going to try to do that if I can.

Right now, my day is already beginning in  a way that I hate.  I found a huge sewer cockroach in my tub.  I have never seen a roach so big and so frightening to me as this one was.  He was at the drain so he must have crawled up through the drain to get into the tub.  I had found two previously which I killed with my roach killer. I fear having to stock up on such stuff now but I will certainly get another can asap.  My nerves are shot to pieces right now.

Anyway, I called management who was not helpful except to tell me what it was and how it got there.  I asked her to have me on the exterminator's list after she explained that he won't be here until next Tuesday. I had had a previous introduction to the exterminator thanks to wasps trying to build a nest on my patio.  But this has taken the cake for me.  I am ready to break my lease and move elsewhere but I will be sure to spray everything, am trying to get rid of all boxes, and put things away as quickly as possible.

I don't think a book about fighting wasps and cockroaches appeals to me, but it is a part of my daily life right now.

I did not scream aloud at all, but I did search to find someone to help me get the thing out of the tub. I could not and would not do it myself.  At the other apartment I had found a man to take out a lizard in the closet of the bedroom but now here I found two guys and a gal to help me get this dang thing out of the bathtub. I was scared of the thing and would not and could not touch it.

The men were nice, the girl a bit unhappy with me, but she came along, and had the good sense to know what was needed to get it out.  I needed her too.   She did ask if I told management which I had done at once.  I was and am a bit put off by this problem right now.

Oh well, another day...another problem...what is life anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment