Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Two Full Weeks in New Home

Where do I begin in this discussion?  I am slowly becoming accustomed to this new apartment dwelling, but I am taking it very slowly.  I finally have seen what it looks at night...Last night I tried to find the moon to see some configuration but I was too late to see the sight.  So tonight I did spot the moon in the sky finally, and walked to the dumpster to empty some trash.  At last, I see apartment lights everywhere.  Amazing at how this place looks at night.

Because I moved most of this stuff myself, I overworked it, and am so tired that I won't recover from this until two or three more months I fear.  For some reason, I am waking up every morning at 6:00 but here of late I am sleeping in til 7:30.  Then I fall asleep some time during the day.  I need a lot of sleep now.

When I first got here I did not have hot water but had to learn where the fuse box is to turn on a breaker.  Then the dryer did not work but I realize now that I did not know how to operate it.  It is pretty simple actually but I did not know that then.  So after I finally did a full laundry, I was so happy that i had decided to move into this place that you cannot imagine!  I felt like I was actually home after all.  How spoiled I am now with this in my own apartment.  Before that, we had to use a large laundry room which makes life pretty rough when having to carry huge loads of laundry. I have a cart but still and all it was inconvenient.  The fact that all I need to do is open a door and have a full sized washer and dryer just makes me so happy.

I opted to use cable tv since the apartment is set up for cable.  I had used satellite and I actually prefer the channels on the satellite dish to those on Cable but so it goes.  I am using the local Cox Cable with advanced ability to use on demand and music choices.  None of which I have done yet. I am not really ever that tied to tv. shows anyway but this is ridiculous.

I have seen a few movies on TNT that I had not know existed.  Sometimes I wish Hollywood would not make some films since I think that they contribute to the problems of the world too much.  Tonight's was a bad one about the USA being under attack by some vicious, hostile mean guys!  It was pretty scary but being a Hollywood flick, one knows it will always end successfully after all.

The heat has been unbearable this past week so I have spent my time indoors most of the time. I cannot take this high heat that much and I will not venture out into it unless absolutely necessary.  So I have been caught all week long, but it gave me time to work on unloading some of this stuff.  I worked on the bathroom this morning.

But i am sleepy already. I do turn my a.c. off at night.  I run it only half a day.  I am watching how much it costs to operate now.  I love the air conditioner. It is excellent.

So for now, that is the extent of my week here.  Things are way too expensive but I am on a buying freeze despite spending money on things that I am using to save my body and face....I did buy a Dyson fan from HSN because of the cost after buying a Lancome offer that was too good to refuse too.  So while I spent a lot of dough, I am learning that it is all worth it. Now I must find the way to pay myself back.

I will do it I promise myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment