Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, June 29, 2015

Who Would Believe?

I am always dismayed when good people believe that they can impose their will onto others willy nilly.

There is a lot of uproar and outrage about the Supreme Court Decision regarding gay marriage.  I frankly wish this subject would die a quick death and go away now that it is done.

Religious systems seem to breed two kinds of followers: blind and dumb, and thoughtful and faithful.

The blind and dumb abound in vast numbers and are a discredit to the otherwise thoughtful and faithful.

When you are truly grounded in your faith, no decision by any lay court anywhere is going to affect or impact you except to wonder how could people do whatever it is that may be opposite what you believe.

You certainly are not going to tremble as though you are going to be threatened by it.  If you are a true faithful member, nothing and nobody can shake your faith. It is that simple.

I am one of those because i have witnessed with my own inner eyes the truth of my faith, and therefore,nothing can deter me from believing in it and in myself.

I do allow for the fact that I could be some angelic or saintly soul who has the keys to the Kingdom, and can unlock any soul I wish should I decide to do so to examine and evaluate that person, or that indeed, I am able to simply slip back into my own soul's true self and relive myself as I had in the flesh some whenever years ago.  One or the other is the only possible way in my opinion, and nothing can affect my belief in that. I have gone there, been that person, and done that.  I like it, and I am satisfied with it.

So why all the uproar about a few men and women who want to have a permit and license to marry one another, to have a ceremony like their brothers and sisters have, and to throw big parties for showers and receptions?  What is wrong with that?

Nothing, in my opinion because it does not affect me or my life one bit.

I am too old to entertain thoughts of romance and love now even though I find men attractive and interesting I am not very likely to up and get married now.

But of course, if the right guy came along and I was foolish enough, i could do it but for what good reason?  Just to spend the night together?  Travel together? Go to games together?  Dances?  Why marry to do all those things when one can do those without the necessity of a license or permit that says you are now bound by state law to take care of one another. Did not love for one another do that already?

So, I ask you.  Where is that guy?

Ready for the grave himself, no doubt and probably only wants a nurse to tuck him in at night...So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment