Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Breeder's Cup

I was really sorry to see Zenyatta come in a close second at the time that it happened. I had thought that she acted a bit strangely when the cameras were sticking so closely to her. I think it annoyed her. I did ask at the time "what's the matter? Don't you think you can win."

I did not insure my small bet on her. I did not even bet her to win but bet a pick four with her and Goldikova as singles. I did not catch the second part of that bet since a real longshot came in to upset the apple cart. The next horse was also a longshot. So it probably paid well.

I did see blame as the best horse next to her, and had him in my small superfecta. I did not win that day though. Bad day for me.

Today,I realized that the best thing is that she came in as she did, because she did prove herself. There is no doubt that the jockey did miscalculate. The horse could have and should have won, but probably for the sake of racing, it may be better that she did not set a mindboggling 20 for 20 perfect win races.

It hurt though I will admit.

I will be back to blogging as soon as I get my work on my novel finished. Right now, I am spending most of my time trying to write this novel about Alexander.

I have some ideas to try, and this is at least getting me started. I have a lot of weaknesses, and I am realizing them. But I am actually learning a lot as well as enjoying myself a bit.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment