Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NANOWRIMO Project

At the very last minute I decided to try the NANOWRIMO writing project which is to write a novel with 50,000 words through the month of November.I had read about it last year but had forgotten it until Live Journal mentioned it again, and my nephew then posted its logo on his facebook post and asked what it is. I then decided without thinking it through to try to do it.

So here I am on day two, writing about it at LiveJournal and here too. I am writing my novel for this crazy monthlong effort enjoyed by writers all over the world.

And I am actually having fun. I found a good word processor,not ever having used anything but emails,and discussion groups at yahoo to write all my pithy thoughts.

I debated between a story and novel about suicides in SF off the goldengate bridge. I had seen a movie which made a strong statement and impact and I considered that, but then I have been discussing, living,and breathing Alexander for so long I decided to do a novel that children could read without too much undue trauma and am in stage one of his life, studying his childhood.

So I am kneedeep in Alexander history and fiction now that I am using historical fiction as the genre.

I have written the required number of words so far as I wanted to develop the battle of Charonea. I will see what happens. He has finally reached his 12th year and has tamed Bucephalus. I have much more to do, and am doing what they advocate, writing,writing,writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment