Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Katrina

I have been writing about Alexander, thus, the Greek gods and goddesses play an important role in his life which I am developing in my storyline. Oddly, I have learned all kinds of strange facts regarding these gods and goddesses of yore, which has helped me to understand today even.

My aunt and uncle became members of a spiritualist camp years ago, and so when I was in Florida in 1974, a lot of information about some of these camps which are based in Florida was made public through the Miami Herald. I have had psychic abilities since I was young, and I have also come to believe in spirits making themselves known to me at various times in my life.

Thanks to writing this project for NaNoWriMo, I learned something in the Iliad that fascinated me. I have something in common with Achilles besides heels it turns out.

When I was in Ft. Lauderdale, years ago, I was visited by the children of a neighbor who liked to play in my apartment when their parent and her boyfriend were not home. They needed adult companionship and a home away from home, so a little girl whose name was Eva would come to visit me. One day, she was playing and I was getting a shoe of mine back that she had taken from me when she began to cry. I told her then that it was crocodile tears and to stop crying. At that moment, I felt a tug on my hair from the back, and knew that some spirit had reached out and tugged at my hair so that I stopped teasing Eva then. While writing my book about Alexander, I happened upon a passage in the Iliad which tells of Athena pulling on Achille's red hair when he is getting angry at Agamemnon. I thought how strange! It made me sit up and take notice.

I still ponder that now.

But anyway, I began to wonder about spirits and gods and goddesses who let only certain mortals hear or see them. So it is with Katrina.

I had been told about one week before Katrina, through a spiritual voice which I heard clearly, that New Orleans would be hurting badly. That was when some hurricane threatened gulfside Florida and so I said it aloud, and that way I know that those who listen in to me heard me, but it was not for that hurricane but the one that followed which is Katrina. They had fair warning, one or two weeks early, is the way I felt about it. I have had a keen interest in hurricanes since years before that while in Michigan and another had threatened Florida.

At any rate, seeing this video of an abandoned six flags amusement park reminded me of my being able to hear not only the inner voice from within but also the voices of spirits around me. To my surprise, I was astounded to learn of Athena's admonition to Achilles which made me remember when I was in Ft. Lauderdale with Little Eva.

I may elaborate on this later but for now, that is all I will say. I have certainly learned of Alexander, Louis XIV, and others only through spiritual inner voices as well, and this has caught my fancy. My nephew posted this thanks to his interest in art. He was also responsible for my getting involved in the NaNoWriMo thing which has finally brought my book on Alexander to its genesis! Interesting at how life works sometimes,isn't it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment