Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Iliad by Homer/Music by Posit

I am nearly finished with my reading of The Iliad by Homer. I had read it a long time ago and have seen many versions of this same sad story, but this particular book is absolutely so fascinating I can hardly put it down. It is bloody awful to say the least. Heads go rolling right and left, and I am forever astounded when I think that this is Alexander's favorite book.

The fact that the gods and goddesses are in combat with one another amuses me a bit, but I honestly can see how I must incorporate their interference with Alexander's successes as I am confident that he believed that they were backing him all the way to the very final act.

I needed some music tonight and I discovered the song Ete d'Amour, which is one of the most beautiful songs that I have heard recently. There are two other versions, equally beautiful, but this one is the one I like the most so I shared it at both fb and my blogspot. It is so relaxing, and there is a relaxing piano version by Xianning also. That is very nice also.

It is a necessary break from spearing men right and left, cutting off their heads, their hands,and removing their corselets and armor from their bodies. Whee! That kid Alexander really cut his teeth on the worst of life: war! He did believe he was Achilles reborn so it is said. Whether he did or not in reality is purely conjecture. He certainly tried to emulate his character as much as is possible it would appear. I am sure that when he stared reality in the face, he realized that a piece of fiction by Homer was only a fragmented mirror of real life!

I am having my fun. I am remembering that I have an inside track in this life of Alexander and I intend to use it in this novel. I want to see where it goes from here on out...I am thinking to when I was in the Louvre and some god or goddess stopped me to make certain that I saw the portrait of Alexander there. They are still all around us. I am laughing that one of them deliberately tripped Philip when he was so drunkenly murderous! I will use that in my novel my way!

May the Saints preserve us all, and honor to all the gods and goddesses in reality and fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment