Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Monday, November 15, 2010

Wordcounts and Cut and Paste

I admit that I am the worst student in the world of the computer, especially these laptops. I had taken a word processing class years ago where I learned how to use codes for a specialized business type of computer program. It was quite interesting and taught me a lot, not only about the computer system itself, but also about the people who operated the school where I took the class.

So thanks to going to an Evalwrimo session on Saturday, I found a very nice young woman who helped me to understand the word processing unit that I added to my computer so that I can write this novel in a word processor and thus be able to deliver it to the people at the site where we tabulate the number of words that we actually wrote. I finally learned how to cut and paste, something that I did not understand until now. Cannot say that I totally understand it, but like with the first class that I took, I know what to do now at least on that job.

I also learned how to find my word count as I was doing it at approximately 17 words per line and counting lines. Totally wrong thing to do.

I have been reading all kinds of books relative to my subject, The Iliad, and a few plays by Euripides. Very interesting to understand the character of my book that way.

The Iliad is very amusing to me, and while I wonder at Alexander for taking to Achilles so much, it is said that his family tree descends from him, and that Lysimachos had compared him to Achilles, so it would be an ego thing that way, and some other authors maintain that he believed he was the reincarnation of Achilles.

Through reading the book,I finally realized a lot of things about the legend of Alexander that finally make some sense to me.

I will try to incorporate them in my book. There is no doubt that the dream that Olympias had about a thunderbolt entering her womb implies that Zeus has impregnated her with his son, Alexander.

I had intended to end my book with either the battle of Chaeroneia or Philip's death. I am doing Philip's death, and now have to beef up my skeleton frame. That will take some doing as I am thinking about it all today. I had to take my first three entries which I wrote on email and put them on the word processor so that they are included in my word count.

This is all new. I just learned about Lulu selfpublishing from Mme. Guillotine and a place called Create Space which is with Amazon.

Once I get the book finished, it will make those who have read the Iliad realize that it is definitely a Homeric effort. I intend to use his novel as the model upon which I will try to Homerize Alexander a bit, my way!

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment