Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final Day of NaNoWriMo

Today is the last day of the writer's attempt to pen a novel, and so I finally checked out the goodies that I have won as result of validating my novel. I did not enter this project with any of that in mind. I just wanted to prove that I could produce 50,000 words with an intent to become a part of a novel that I have wanted to write for some time. I had not done any preparation at all. In fact, I was not sure until the last minute which story I would develop, my novel on Alexander the Great or a story about suicides from the Golden Gate Bridge. I decided the latter to be too depressing so I opted for Alexander and am so happy I did. I learned more about Alexander through this effort than any other I have done so far. Many books are on my shelves, and some are fully read while others remain only partially read.

A good author wants to be read from page one to page last!

I truly appreciate the national novel writer's month program as I did make myself get into it and finish it. I even turned on to my interest in my novel of Alexander. I had to do a lot of what some will call padding and what I call notetaking, which is plainly tediously writing out materials that will be used in ways to frame or buttress the main theme of the book. My book is really interesting and informative as well as educational and entertaining. It has a long ways to go, and first I intend to finish what I have started in the first draft method and keep it up until I reach that last page.

I follow history closely but I also am using common sense,imagination, and fabrication, which is making it up as I go. That is what fiction is all about, but this book is adhering closely to the real history, with imagination and common sense developing the life of the story...some parts are experiences that I have had come to me as a result of my effort to learn of times past in "my" way and in which I believe totally. It is fun at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment