Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finalizing my book on Alexander

The way that Nanowrimo works is that you have to cut and paste and send your story to them to do a word count. At present, I have 53,600 words or so and will on saturday send it in to the officials to see what their formulator says that I have in terms of word counts. The number of words is not quite so important as the novel itself which in my case needs a lot of work and revisions. I have a lot of repetitions in it due to my trying to decide to use a narrative style or a first person journal style. As it is I am incorporating both. My book is basically trying to prove that the gods and goddesses who are prevalent in Homer's Iliad are also a part of Alexander's own life and travels. I will interject them in my books about Alexander as helping him just as Homer had done with Achilles. I am also proving that the stories, plays, and poetry of the period influenced Alexander so much as a child that he is under its influence all the rest of his life, especially his love and admiration for Achilles.

I did go back through a lot of it last night to try to clean it up and to make a few changes in the way of typos and spelling as well as a few faulty sentence structure problems.

I get tired of it a lot that way, but I found that this is one of the better stories about Alexander, least boring,and certainly closest to historical data and bios as I followed the history pretty nearly exactly. I take liberties of course where the historians cannot but I often find them to be utterly devoid of putting 2 and 2 together at times to realize what actually happened.I could figure it out. Why couldn't they? At least, my interpretation makes it a more interesting story but I still need to beef it up a lot.

I won't cite examples yet where I think biographers goofed but I did use my story to insert what I believe really happened.

My book is a bit more cohesive than most are. It will all make a lot of sense when and if someone wants to really come to know Alexander as I have come to know him.

Believe it or not, I find myself going back in time a lot as I get vivid pictures now and then. It is exciting for me that way too. Some would say active imagination...ha...don't they know better yet than to think that. So I checked it out. I could see Corinth so easily, and so I looked it up. Fascinating to me at how true my picture has proved to be. I love the place! Guess that means I will put a video of Corinth to follow this...if I find a good one, it will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment