Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 in only first three weeks

I don't believe that this new year has had a great start, but food wise I was enjoying myself since when one gets to the age where life is mostly tolerance and patience with everyday details, food is one of the most pleasurable and essential parts of living.

So in that respect, I was actually thinking that the new year was off to a good start as I had a couple of really great meals, thanks to some great buys at local supermarkets...I had king crab legs one night thanks to a Safeway bargain that really made me very happy. Crab legs cost a fortune and this was just a package enough for one and I found it and enjoyed! Thanks Safeway!

However, if the new year is to be measured by annoying and irritating events, then the water problems at the apartment are so ridiculous and annoying that it makes the year already a bummer. We have had the water shut down twice, and it will be a third time tomorrow so that it is off to a really bad start.

However, Zenyatta was named horse of the year at the Eclipse awards which makes me feel that finally someone has done something right in the world of horseracing.

Zenyatta has an enviable record that will not be matched for many a decade as she is a filly whose reputation for winning can only be compared to the awesome and mighty Man of War. So we of this generation were lucky to finally witness a race horse within our own time that deserves the recognition and accolades that have finally been bestowed upon her.

I am in the process of reviewing my novel about Alexander and shared a couple of pages with a group and know that one person there has read the page I shared. I have not heard from others to know if they did or did not read it.

I had it come to my file at yahoo in a way that I could not read it, but I have the original so that I know what is in it. One person was kind enough to let me know that she/he had read it and I appreciate that.

I have a lot of work to do on it. So far, the year has only begun...Gads, I wish I could make it a great one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment