Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, January 28, 2011

Avatar Trailer The Movie (New Extended HD Trailer)

Avatar received all kinds of acclaim, and I avoided it until now. I finally watched it this afternoon, and liked it after all, despite its being very anti military and too obvious in its attempt to make the Marine Corps and George Bush Administration look like fools. One can see through this film, believe it or not.

But the scenic effects are gorgeous, the plot too thin and stupid to suit me, but scientist Grace played by Signourney Weaver does get points for being at least a good performance and great character for any actress. Weaver is wonderful. The premise of humanoids on other planets annoys me as I cannot stand earthlings projecting their fantasies, hopes, fears, and bad seeds onto other planets at all.


Since this movie is another dream movie as is Inception, I had to wonder about the idea that these dreamwalkers could be taken very seriously by the inhabitants of the place called Pandora. ( Pandora's box no doubt).

A case of reality fighting with itself in a dreamlike state is just a bit too farfetched for me to take very seriously.

So all in all, I did not really like this film, but it did touch me at a few levels. In truth, many soldiers do become disenchanted with their superiors, and it is easy to see why.

Nobody likes the devil in the end, no matter whether seen in Avatar or Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. At least in the Imaginarium plot, the devil is able to admit who he is to himself. It is only after being provoked in Avatar that the real devil reveals himself there too...Interesting to see these two films back to back.

Guess Hollywood is on a roll on time travel and dreamscapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment