Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Adjusting during Adversity

Moving from one apartment to another is as adverse as it comes, and the only reason this move is welcome is because I am moving into a better apartment. But the process of packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking is enough to make anyone think twice about ever leaving any one place at any time. I would advise anyone anymore to buy a house early in life, and to be sure to pick one that one would want to keep until the end of one's life. I have moved far more often than necessary for someone who is not in the military life. That way, the government is forced to pay for your moves. However, when one is young, one thinks that one can do many things easily that when one is older, one realizes that youth is gone and old age makes it far more difficult.

The sad part is that I really am hoping that I will be able to make one final move that will be final, but who knows, I may find myself staying and living here much longer than I presently anticipate.

So today I continued to reread my Alexander novel. God almighty, who would ever believe that I would be interested in a subject like Alexander of Macedon. It is incredible to me to realize how I have become so immersed in times past, and of the likes of the men that I came to learn through a simple q and a.

My book is really quite good if I say so myself, but by reading it aloud to myself now I can see how much work it will take to rewrite and edit this version of a young Alexander that I am penning. I am simply amazed that I even attempted to write the novel as I at the last minute last November decided to try it. I had had an idea all along that if I did take up such an undertaking how I would go about it, and to some extent I am following that mode of thought. But it is fascinating to me to reread my work now after I penned it all in a single month's effort.

And it is slow going just to reread it as I am only in the beginning stages of it. I know that I spent a lot of time at it, and am trying to be faithful to the history, but I had forgotten most of it so that it is interesting to do a cold reading to see if I even like it now. So far, I do like it a lot.

I will be happy if I can get this rewritten so that it can be published soon. I would like to market it after it is finished. So on that note, I am closing and going to bed now...need my rest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, moving house is such hard work. I have rashly said I'd help my daughter & son in law next week. So I'll be packing boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downsized a month ago so I feel your pain. I thought I would NEVER get it all done. I'm very happy here now but hope I won't need to do it again.

    I'm in awe of writers. What a task you've bitten off. Best of luck.
    V

    ReplyDelete