Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trying to get focused

This has been a heck of time that I have spent in Arizona. Today it was so hot that I turned around and came back to the apartment and would not leave it until after 7:00 when the sun had finally gone down. It is ridiculous to even try to walk anywhere when it is this hot...just blistering...

So I spent some time finally on the computer which I have not done for some time. I did finally read my Alexander novel all the way through, the first draft part that I had done. I had an idea that I wanted to make, and that is to use the Iliad as a background backdrop upon which the story of Alexander would be played out, and I am using Homer's use of gods and goddesses as I believe that Alexander and his Macedonians truly believed in all the stories, all the prayers, and all the help that they received.

Like Homer, I allow certain characters to actually see and converse with the gods and goddesses, but it is a long time before this draft will be finally completed to final draft and publication.

I will get back to writing it in July hopefully and bring it up to snuff. It is very time consuming, and I have had to get my house in order, as it is still a bit of a mess. But my walk in closet is something that I now am able to walk into, having finally put all the boxes on shelves, and managed to get everything off the floors. Not so in bedroom and living room where things are still on floors til I get a place to put them. I have no furniture to speak of, so it really does not matter at all.

But tonight Peter Olson spoke of the Musical Fete that was held in Paris and brought up the sound of Mongolian music as he found a group that enchanted him enough to take a trip in the future to Mongolia for his own personal reasons, and it made me think as I suddenly visualized the plains of Mongolia and was transported back in time to the days of Genghis Khan. Amazing, isn't it, at the number of men who have had to conquer the earth through military might and power and left behind legacies that are very controversial and misunderstood. I never fail to be amazed at the way stories are told that are so misleading and false about historical figures of the past.

Once again, I was able to recall when I first encountered the visual imagery of Genghis Khan in a near sleep experience that caused me to learn all about him as well. His being is so imposing that I can never forget how impressed I had been about his stature and demeanor... It always makes me wonder about how and why these experiences came to me as recent events in real life time at this moment have made me a bit depressed about the state of mankind and its toll on the human race. I wonder at why it is that some are able to become so rich and powerful, whether through birthright, or through accident, achievement, or luck, and why others are so deprived, poor, and really neglected and despairing.

This trend of thought came because of kittens of all things. I went to PetSmart to get something for my cat, a scratching post which was on sale, and some litter for his box. While there, for some reason I spied a group of kittens up for adoption, and the look in their eyes just absolutely floored me and made me feel really sad and bad for them. Later, I realized then which kittens these were which made it even worse for me. I knew them but had only vaguely recognized them, and finally at home, it dawned on me that they were the kittens of the same mother of my cat, but were her grandchildren as one of her females had given birth to them and I had met them when they were just babies. Oh lord, that really has hit me hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment