Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Change of Pace

I went to a potluck dinner tonight and played bingo with the members of the apartment who bothered to show up and share their goodies with us. One interesting item was something called popcorn salad which surprisingly was very good to eat, all crunch with water chestnuts, onions, celery, bacon, and cheddar topped with a special dressing and finally a full bag of popcorn added for fun and more crunch.

I did not win any bingo game but I got down to one and that was as close as I could get. My little group did not get a prize but we stayed with it and hoped.

Very nice people who gathered together for a little fun and companionship. Mostly seniors but a few young people as well...twas nice to see. I brought home the leftovers that were not eaten along with some of the ambrosia and popcorn salad to eat later.

Today I began rereading my novel about Alexander aloud and have to admit that while I am only in the beginning stages of it, I think it is a very good beginning. I could see where it needs a lot of work before it ever can be published, and a lot of revisions and rewrites will come after I get it printed. Good thing I did not print it as I am making corrections as I go and saving them...I may even eventually be able to take it up again and continue with it.

Going to bed soon...very tired and sleepy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment