Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, June 3, 2011

One week in new apartment

I had not realized that today is Friday. I have been working constantly and finally took the past two days off from unpacking and reorganizing. I believe it will take me a month or more to be finally finished with all the unpacking as I intend to slow down since I overdid the early more important rooms. I am tired as all get out, seldom go to the computer except to continue my early morning and late night games to see if my mind is fully functioning or not. I feel as though my brain has totally crashed at times. I go into automatic so often that I forget anything that I did just five minutes earlier. It has been a grueling and rough six days so far, seven I suppose actually.

I did manage to get to the jacuzzi twice this week, but having to take care of other important details that must get done made it impossible for me to get there the last two or three days. Age matters, and I am frankly too old for this kind of work now. I am extremely resentful again of all that has happened in the past three years.

But on the positive side. The apartment is head and shoulders above the other one, and suits me to a tee. I have access to so many more things from this location than I did at the other. Since I have been using public transportation (minus a car) it makes it slower and harder to get things done so that today I had to finally learn what was on the srp box that had been left here a week ago. I just did not have the time or the inclination to read it and use it until today. So at the last minute I am headed to the local kiosk to bring it up to date a bit.

I went to Ikea to check on furnishings and shelves for the pantry. I found something that could work but waited til I check out other places before I buy anything. I did buy some potato pancakes and raspberry cheesecake.

The potato pancakes are wonderful. Loved them, but the cheesecake is not up to snuff.

Alexander is adjusting. He is afraid to go out the front door but loves the patio. He has been a great little companion for me, and I have had fun in having him here.

A lot of good things about this apartment which makes it very enjoyable, mirrors in the dining area, and mirrors in the hallway across from the bath area. This will help me to get a grip on my weight maybe. The amenities are very enticing and very worthwhile...jacuzzi, clubhouse with free wifi, (have not tried that yet) and an icecube maker in the clubhouse. Laundry nearby as well as barbecue grill outside my door.

For all those reasons I am very happy with this move, and people I have met so far have been very interesting to meet.

I am just too tired and too busy to spend time on computer so have missed recent blogger posts but I will try to get back asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment