Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Olympic Games and Homosexuals

The Olympic Games have been located in Russia where there is a law in Russia regarding homosexuality.  Many Olympians are known to be practicing homosexuals and so some are annoyed at the Russians who have stern laws regarding the behavior in that country.  Russia is not the only country which feels so strongly about homosexual behavior.

It truly astonishes me to find so many homosexuals at such young ages who believe that this is to be their lifestyle for the remainder of their lives.  I know of homosexuals who had been married early in their youth but who became homosexual late in life.  Just as many who are homosexual also make changes to become heterosexual later in life as well.

I admit that I do not understand homosexual behavior at all.  I have always been a person attracted to the opposite sex, and have had a long history of falling in love and then out of love with many different men.  A belief in reincarnation may mean that some of those men had been partners in previous lifetimes, and while my short term relationships were always short, they had been very intense and long lasting in terms of memory.  I did not go so far as to commit to marriage because I am a person who takes vows too seriously to want to bind myself to any one person for a long term commitment.

I don't pretend to give advice to the lovelorn.  Life is too complex for a single person to mete out advice on love and marriage.

I escaped marriage many times as I had opportunities several times, and was about to tie the knot when something somehow or other made me think twice as it did my partner as well. Once upon a time, we were headed to get a marriage license but then backed out of it...thank Heaven for that...I do not regret backing out of that prospect at all as he was ac/dc and I knew it at the time but it had not really mattered.  He was a great bed partner for all of that but he was also living off a man while bumming off me as well...not a good arrangement for a marriage...one of my 3 R's I had here in Arizona years ago.  But he was good looking, sexy, and fun to be with for awhile. I ended up telling him to get out of my life and to stay out of it...He did. I have done that more than once to several men who did not know how to handle me well.

In those days, I had red hair...sparkling sherry.  After JFK was killed, I would not wear red hair ever again.  But I look good as a redhead, believe it or not...my natural hair had a lot of red in it when I was young...I went blonde then for all my time in Southern California...Playing the role for all my students then...Barbara Mandrell once did a good imitation of me on her t.v. show when I had been silly enough to ride a donkey in donkey basketball games...she copied the hat I wore...I always said she was the one who probably physically resembled me the most in size and appearance at that time.

At Gladstone we were well aware that t.v. entertainment shows were using us as role models for their shows...some liked it, some did not. Dick Salveson, a principal, told me it was just to see if we could laugh at ourselves....I laughed a lot when it was Carol Burnett in her charwoman act...cleaning up the floor...mopping up...on her knees...charlady.  almost like Charylene.  East North East.

No comments:

Post a Comment