Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sochi Olympics

The Olympic games are reminders that we forget more than we remember about days gone by. Until reminded tonight, I had forgotten about the Olympic games which had been played in Los Angeles some years ago. I had not watched any of those games for some reason or other which I realize that I have now forgotten. But I was in a snit about something regarding those games and yet cannot recall now what it is. I suspect it was due to my being angry about being bugged all the time and holding Los Angeles somewhat responsible for it all.  But right now, it is all a dull memory of times past.

Looking ahead to 2018 is most unpleasant for me to contemplate because I will be 78  going on 79 then and not liking the looks of that.  I do not like the aging process when it gets into the very senior age status.  But if I am alive and well then, I will look forward to seeing them played in Seoul, Korea.

In 2016 Brazil will host the summer olympic games. Someone tonight suggested that we should all go to the games at least once...Brazil is a possibility and as it is such a pretty place, it would be interesting to make that one if able.  Only 2 years to go for that so it might be feasible.

But i had also wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby until I learned the cost of a single ticket.  Of course, one can go in general admission price and just stand somewhere but one would get lost in the crowd.  The infield is apparently for those who are short on funds...but even those tickets are too high priced for me to stand around in a field of people never able to get near a ticket booth.

So it looks as though I will go to either Las Vegas or California to take in this year's Derby game.  But if I get a big huge win of some kind that would put me in the easy money street, I would still consider it if I could get a few friends to spend time there with me.

The cost of the Olympic games will be horrendous too but it might be fun to experience the games in person in Brazil.  Will keep that as a potential goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment