Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Friday, January 9, 2015

Thoughts about the Charlie Hebdo attack

Well, the gunmen were killed before the Air Asia black boxes have been found.  The tail section is going to be lifted up tomorrow.  Two more bodies were discovered, and the belief is that the plane did not break up in the air.

The gunmen who stormed the Charlie Hebdo building expected to be martyred it would appear, so that the end came today in a printing building in northern France.  No video tape was made of their exit from the building but it made me think of the scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  They came storming out of the building through the doors shooting at the police who had them surrounded.  Inside the building was a man who hid inside a box to avoid detection.  He called the police to give them information.   This story will be told and retold in many ways I just bet.

I did a search of the history behind the Charlie Hebdo cartoons which began apparently in Denmark when 12 cartoons of Mohammed were printed.  NBC did a video showing the timeline from that event which aroused such animosity and hostility amongst the Muslims to the present day.  This video is on my Facebook timeline.  It finally made sense to me as to why the Charlie Hebdo group continued to mock and humiliate the Muslims through abuse of Mohammed and other Muslim problems.  A cover story on the problem of the Burqa humiliated the women who have to wear these garments.  I could see why that would be very offensive since they essentially say through a cartoon drawing to stick the Burqa up your butt!  A tiny piece of burqa is seen peeking out of the rear of a naked woman running down the street!  Myself, I could imagine drawing one of the cartoonists with the magazine in that same position!   Don't give it out if you can't take it!

The Beast showed 16 covers that are considered over the top in offensiveness!  That burqa caught my attention as well as another of man being made in the image of God. I should hate to think that God really ever looks like most of these men in their ugly faces.

I like certain kinds of satire.  I like to see people who are smug, conceited, overly greedy,  or lustful get ridiculed for their behavior.  Even the self righteous who think that they know it all regarding what God really wants from his created subjects need to be exposed for their own pride and prejudice.  But I do not really approve disrespect or insults. I like humor to be subtle, not slapstick.

I did  own one version of the Koran.  I may even still have a copy.  I found it very strange to say the least.  I also have read that there are many different interpretations of it.  It seems to me that this male dominated body of people have maintained a belief that they want to nurture for their own purposes.  Learning of the biography of Mohammed and his lifestyle has made me believe that he is not a prophet nor a holy man.  There are any number of books about him, and the one that I read was by a man who had been reared as  a Muslim but who undertook the job of showing that Mohammed had been only a businessman who knew how to take advantage of people to make himself a powerful ruler at the time.

When I learned the age of his wife I was appalled. He is in truth a pedophile, a criminal, and as a result, girl children have suffered miserably for centuries.

There is no way I will ever accept him as a man of God. Sorry, but that is how I feel about it. So for that reason alone, I am in sympathy with the cartoonists instead of the Muslims.  The more that they can expose the truth about Mohammed the better I like it.

It is a good thing that the gunmen were killed as quickly as possible.  They have achieved their martyrdom and finally have learned of the fallacy of their beliefs.  However, learning of their history did make me feel sorry that these orphan children had no real home at all, no real friends at all. Being used by the mercenaries of al qaeda and ISIS has betrayed them to a fate that none of us can truly say.

I honestly do not wish anyone to hell.  God truly loves everyone in such a way that nobody can ever fathom. God in Mercy will have love for any and all who are of his creation. Believe it.  Rejoice in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment