Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

And now the printer

HSN had a today's special value on an HP printer called photosmart for the low price of $99 and flex payments so I ordered it. It arrived this past Monday which was a wonderful surprise.  I really appreciated having it that quickly so that I can get to work on my novel. I am realizing now how much it costs we authors to write books.  It is a very expensive proposition in the end.

At any rate, I waited a few days before trying to set it up, knowing that it would take a lot of time, and probably that I would need lots of help. I am not the brightest bulb in town when it comes to modern tech and I admit it. I am frustrated by it all the time but am gradually accepting it. What else can we do?

I bought a MacBook Air when I selected a new computer and it does not have a driver on it.  That makes it very light and thin but when discs are used to set up programs one must have a driver or a way to put the software in from a source that frankly is beyond my comprehension.  When I had my scanner, the store manager set it up from his company and HP has suggested that one can turn to support to have it installed there. So I tried that tonight.

Luckily, I was able to finally talk to a living person who ended up transferring me to a woman from Manila, Philippines, and she took over for me very expertly and patiently put my printer together for me.  I listened to her, did as she instructed, and even gave her permission to take over to do all the installation for the computer. I watched her as she moved everything around.   It is very similar to the way the Indians of India take your computer to solve problems for you, but I really appreciated her doing it for me.  I trust her and HP and her supervisor who did talk to me later  They gave me a phone call They were wonderful people.

So all in all, I am off to a good start with the computer and it worked wonderfully.  She did a test for me to see if it would print with a computer command which it did perfectly.

I began a job that I had to stop. I am wondering how it will work when I start it again.  I may need help from Apple if I cannot figure it out myself.

I did have to buy ink tonight at Walmart and had a bad time there.  I forgot to have someone take the ink out of the security carton so brought it home to try to open.  You can't get those things open.  They are very difficult so I had to go back to exchange it and to explain it. Because the replacement did not go through a cash register it beeped when I walked out of the store...looks like I stole it...an impossible task believe me.

What the heck. I had my receipt in hand so I did not try to explain or look back....those things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment