Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Janet Fauble at home

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Late Night T.V. Shows and Miscellaneous Thoughts

Tonight on Twitter I was alerted to the appearance of Kanye West on Jimmy Kimmel show so that I finally watched parts of it. It was rather interesting to see how Jimmy let Kanye let off steam instead of stopping him at any point.  I finally understood why there were so many commercials before the  final episode.  I got so tired of the commercials I turned back to Letterman but then finally decided to see if Kanye was back on the air or not.  He talked nonstop after that while Jimmy listened to him without interruption.  And Kanye was incensed and on fire.

And yes, Josh Groban had been in Phoenix for a personal appearance where I am certain that those who were lucky enough to go enjoyed his concert. I had checked it out earlier but decided that I could not afford the tickets since I need a printer to write my novel and could not do both at the same time. It would have been fun but I opted to stay home and laughed at the number of times that Josh was mentioned tonight on t.v.  Not only by the local t.v. stations but by Simon Cowell on the X Factor and also by Jimmy Kimmel in his interview with Kanye West.

Major Purchase
I have ordered a printer since they were offered on HSN with so many additiional features besides a low price that I took advantage of the Smartprinter special value that was on t.v. the other night. I am using easy pay naturally to offset the costs.  I bought protection also which will insure that nothing will ever go wrong with it you can just bet.

Finally, after it gets here, I may finally get back to writing my book which is being played out in my mind one way or the other.  Having to reread all the various versions of key episodes which I will develop is not always fun but I have been doing it little by little.  There are always two ways of seeing a story...one from the historical records so to speak, and the other from one's own reading into those stories or intuiting the stories. In my case, also from recalling moments that have come to me via the leak in time that allows one to penetrate to the past

Rain Tonight
Since we are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow I had to pull my plants in tonight to put under the patio so that they don't get an excess of rain. I water them daily but root rot is not something I want to suffer.  So I always bring them in under the roof of the patio so that they don't get drowned.  What a chore but it is better than losing them.


Halloween

I went to the 99 cents store today to get some pumpkins for the patio and for inside the apartment.  While there I found some beautiful artificial flowers at 99 cents so I bought some of those to fill a vase. They are so pretty. I bought a deep purple and a light violet set to brighten up some area in the apartment but learned quickly that I have don't have any place for them to sit.  I had to make a place for them next to the lamp here in the dining area.  But they are really nice.  At Pottery Barn they would cost me a fortune.  Ten times as much for one single stem.  Not exactly the same size but the peonies that were at 99 cents store were fantastic. I nearly bought those but decided that I had spent enough already.

I have been watching Halloween food wars on Food t.v. which has motivated me to try to do something for Halloween in the way of maybe carving a pumpkin. I did carve one some years ago but have left them whole for the most part and keep them until Thanksgiving.  These are tiny small but cute so that they will hold up til turkey day.


No comments:

Post a Comment